UK Exchange: WU Vienna University (College of Law)
This exchange program is ideal for UK Law students seeking an international experience as part of their law school career.
The courses offered at WU Vienna allow UK Law students to explore international tax and international business in much greater depth than is possible at UK.
Because the focus of the law program at WU Vienna is on business and tax law, there are many more courses offered in these fields than are available at UK Law. The impressive faculty at WU Vienna come from all over the world to teach courses that introduce students to the complexity of practicing law in the current international business world.
Students with a particular interest in international law or international business or tax, or who want exposure to more business and tax classes than are available at UK Law should consider a semester at WU Vienna. Spending a semester in the vibrant city of Vienna, regularly voted one of the best cities in the world to live in, and taking courses at WU Vienna will allow you to learn a significant amount about the practice of international business law from a world-class faculty.
Review the WU Business Law course listings.
German Language course
WU Vienna offers a two week pre-semester intensive German language course with levels ranging from absolute beginner to highly advanced speaker. The cost is just 40 Euros (approx $46) and you can register for this after admission to the WU Vienna exchange program is confirmed.
- Significant course offerings in Business Law and Tax Law
- Spend a semester studying in Vienna, regularly voted one of the best cities in the world to live in
- Opportunity to study and work in an international setting with students and faculty from around the world
This program is open to 2nd and 3rd year law students only. Applicants must be in good standing at the UK Law School.
Students must possess a valid passport at the time of application to this program.
2 | UK Education Abroad & Exchange University
Students will be notified by the UK Exchanges Coordinator on how to access the Exchange University application AFTER their UK application has been approved.
Students will earn transfer credit from WU Vienna University. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by WU Vienna University. The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school; however the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the UK Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating on this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the course will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the UK Education Abroad office. Once received, Education Abroad staff will facilitate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in EAP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) at UK during their term abroad.
Housing & Meals
Student dorms and private housing options are available. Visit the WU Vienna website for more information. Students are responsible for all meals during the duration of the term abroad.
Join the WU Vienna Facebook group for incoming and outgoing exchange students where you can get in touch with both fellow incoming and WU outgoing exchange students and discuss your housing options.
Costs and cancellation policies vary by program. Please click on the Program Cost and Budget information for each term. Be sure to consider the associated UK costs, program specifications, and related travel expenses.