UK Partner: Intern in Barcelona (Barcelona SAE)
The Barcelona SAE Internship Program will enhance your cultural and business understanding of Spain and the world through the exchange of knowledge: interns provide real work assistance for the company while the company provides a hands-on reality of the business world in Barcelona – in fields as diverse as International Business to PR to teaching English.
You will arrive on a Monday and take part in an orientation that same day. Within a few days you will meet your internship supervisor and then jump right into the work experience! Students spend approximately 20 hours per week in their internship placement leaving the weekends free for cultural activities. The schedule for each student will be slightly different due to the demands of the company.
Some program highlights include:
Interns are invited to participate in several cultural activities including things like Catalan cooking class, Spanish language intercambios, open-air movie nights, hikes, salsa dance lessons, and more! These activities are fun, encourage cultural integration, and give interns the opportunity to experience things that they may not otherwise have the chance to do on their own. Although the primary reason for being in Barcelona is boosting your resume, we want to help round-out your experience with these cultural activities.
International Business Coaching Interns will appreciate personal business coaching from English-speaking, on-site staff to help bridge cultural differences.
Career Coaching At the end of the program, interns engage in a career coaching workshop titled: How to use this Internship Abroad Experience to Obtain the Job you Want.
Student must have completed 60 credit hours by the start of the internship.
This program is open to undergraduate students from all academic disciplines, with a minimum GPA of 2.50.
- Guaranteed internship placement
- Airport pick-up
- Housing for the duration of the program
- Several cultural activities
- 24-hour support services
- Medical and accident insurance
- Full-time, English speaking staff
- Orientation and re-entry workshops
- Pre-departure advising
- Alumni and career services
- International Business Coaching
- Placement tailored to your interests
- Cultural integration activities
- Career Coaching
Academic CreditStudents will earn transfer credit from Plymouth University. For all successfully completed courses, the credit hours, course title and course equivalency will be indicated on the UK transcript. Students must complete the coursework during this program according to the established guidelines by Plymouth University The grades earned will be important to progression in future academic endeavors, including graduate or professional school; however the grades earned will NOT be indicated on the UK transcript. For more information visit the UK Education Abroad Academic Credit website.
- PRIOR to participating on this program, students must complete an Academic Approval Form (AAF). The AAF indicates how the course will be used, or course equivalency, once they are transferred back to UK. Instructions on how to complete the AAF are included in application materials.
- Upon completion of the term abroad, the transcript should be sent to the UK Education Abroad office. Once received, Education Abroad staff will facilitate the transfer of credits to UK.
- All students will be enrolled in EAP 599: Study Abroad (1 credit hour) at UK during their term abroad.
Housing & Meals
Students participating in this program will be placed in shared apartments for the duration of studies. Students are responsible for all their own meals. Homestays are available for an additional cost. For more information, please visit the following Barcelona SAE webpage.
Costs and cancellation policies vary by program. Please see the Program Cost and Budget information page. Be sure to consider the associated UK costs, program specifications, and related travel expenses.
UK Agriculture students will participate for 2 additional weeks to complete a full time internship over the summer. The course fee will be different for you. Please see the budget page for more details in red highlight.
For the Barcelona SAE application, click the "Homepage" link at the top of this page.